Experience all the sights, sounds, and flavors of Washington, D.C.
If you’re looking for good food and a good time, here are some popular destinations:
The nation’s Capitol, like all major cities, offers hundreds of restaurants to choose from. Most museums have their own restaurants, The Reagan Building and Union Station have huge food courts, and DuPoint Circle is known for a variety of ethnic restaurants.
DC Dining Guides
- Washington Post Restaurant Guide and Reviews
- Washingtonian 100 Very Best Restaurants
- Washington, D.C. Menu Pages
- Washington, D.C. Dining Guide
Georgetown is one of D.C.’s most popular areas for nightlife. The intersection of Wisconsin Avenue and M Street is the center of late night entertainment. The lively scene attracts a mix of patrons, including tourists, students, professionals, Capitol Hill types, and dignitaries. Whether you’re looking for a place to “see and be seen,” some great late night music and dancing, or just a fun place to hang out with friends, you’ll find it in Georgetown.
- Blues Alley is the oldest continuing jazz super club in the United States, which has showcased many world famous jazz legends, including Dizzy Gillespie.
- Clyde’s of Georgetown is known throughout the D.C. area for its burgers, Happy Hour, and lively atmosphere.
- Tony and Joe’s Seafood Place, located on the Potomac River waterfront, is known for its beautiful views and beautiful people. Outdoor dining is available in warm weather.
- J-Paul’s, a traditional turn of the century American Dining Saloon located in historic Georgetown, has been a favorite of Washingtonians for more than 20 years.
Bars & Clubs
Listings of night-life options in DC:
- The Improv ~ Tickets $15-20; 202-296-7008. 1140 Connecticut Ave. NW. Sun.- Thurs @ 7:00pm
- Clarendon Ballroom ~ Art-deco interior; rock music, sometimes with some swing dancing thrown in on certain nights. Check out the outside roof deck too! 3185 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA. (703) 469-2244.
- Bedrock Billiards ~ They offer membership deals for 15% off the total bill. 1841 Columbia Rd. NW. (202) 667-7665. Fri. 4pm-3am; Sat. 12pm- 3am
- Bowl America ~ 10641 Balls Ford Road, Manassas, VA (703) 368-6256
- Bowlero Bethesda ~ 5353 Westbard Ave, Bethesda. (301) 652-0955
Like many larger cities, Washington, D.C. boasts a thriving Chinatown district. Chinatown is a great place to eat, shop, or see the sites. How to Get There: Take the Metro to the Galleria Place/Chinatown stop.
More About DC
For more information about things to do in D.C., contact the Washington, D.C. Convention and Tourism Corporation.